Wednesday, September 19, 2012

He Is Wonderful!


And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. (Luke 8:10 NASB)

The Lord is so gracious that He gives "special privileges" to those who know Him.
To some He gives deep insight into the ways of God.
But at times He chooses to stay a mystery. Why?

"...For He says to Moses, 'I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.' So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy." (Romans 9:14-16 NASB)

Firstly, He is God!
As soon as we have Him all figured out, we not only lose the wonder & the mystery, we run the risk of becoming presumptuous, even demanding. We become prideful and unknowingly begin to lean on our own understanding.

Jesus addresses this in the parable of the landowner, where the workers begin to complain "why is he getting paid as much as me?", etc. becoming presumptuous & jealous...
" Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?" (Matthew 20:15 NASB)

God is loving and gracious and He DOES grant us to know His mysteries, but more times than not, He'll do things that remain a mystery to remind us He's God & He's in charge, lest we become like Satan, saying "surely you will not die..."

The awe and the wonder of God is much of what makes Him beautiful.
He's WONDERFUL!

Splendid and majestic is His work,
And His righteousness endures forever. He has made His wonders to be remembered;
The LORD is gracious and compassionate. (Psalm 111:3, 4 NASB)

"But as for me, I would seek God,
And I would place my cause before God; Who does great and unsearchable things,
Wonders without number. (Job 5:8, 9 NASB)

Let us be like the church in the very beginning, where "Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. (Acts 2:43 NASB)
Let us continue to seek His face and wonder at His great works.

Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face continually. Remember His wonders which He has done,
His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth, (Psalm 105:4, 5 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment