Friday, July 27, 2012

We Need Anointing


Last night Ken Fish shared that 90% of Christians have never led someone to the Lord & that of the remaining that have, most haven't within the last year.
Why? Well one reason is simply fear. Fear of man, fear of failure...
We've come to rely on our own wit, charm & knowledge of the bible in order to share the gospel, of which we're apparently becoming bankrupt.
But when the Lord says, "Speak to them. I will give you the words..." He ain't kiddin!

Even the apostle Paul didn't rely on those things when he first preached to Corinth, but relied soley on the Holy Spirit!

"And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God." (1 Corinthians 2:1-5 NASB)

This is the kind of evangelism we seek today!
Pray for more than just an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus. Pray for His anointing to demonstrate His POWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment